29 September 2009

If it were easy...

This is going to be short and sweet.

If it were easy, everyone would do it. As a business owner or potential business owner the first thing you need to tell yourself is that it is not going to be easy.

Everyone sees the glamourous side of being an entrepreneur but I want to give you a reality check. It is not easy because if it were, everyone would be the boss. Being the boss is all about making the tough decisions, sacrificing your time and resources and most importantly being in it for the long haul. You will not see immediate success, you will need a lot of planning and it may take years for the reality of your business to reach your vision but you have to stay the course and keep telling yourself – if it were easy, everyone would be doing what I am doing. Because it is not easy, I am stepping out on faith, relying on my plan and committed to doing the work to achieve success I have always dreamed of.

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to see the glamorous side of being an entrepreneur! People tend to think if you own your own store that you must be wealthy. While I am sure there are some exceptions to the rule, for many of us this is not the case at all. The next time you walk into your favorite locally owned retailer, ask yourself: Would I be willing to buy EVERYTHING in this shop right now? Because that is exactly what we did.

    ReplyDelete

Followers